Dr Igor Birca:
I wanted to be a dentist since I was 13 years old because my uncle was an oral surgeon, and he was like a brother to me. Dentistry is my passion! My goal is to use my commitment to my patients and to dentistry to provide my patients with great dental services. It’s my love of dentistry that has guided me throughout all these years.
I began my dental career as a dental technician in Moldova. Then, I continued my studies and obtained my first doctorate in Dentistry in 1989 at the Nicolae Testemitanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Next, I completed a general practice residency (GPR) and ended up opening my first dental office DentArt in Moldova.
Eventually, my family and I made the decision to immigrate to Quebec. I was still captivated by the world of Dentistry, so I then decided to re-enrol as a student and obtained my second doctorate in Dentistry at the reputed academic centre known as Université Laval in 2009.
I am a proud member of the Ordre des dentistes du Québec. As a general dentist, I love prosthodontics – which involves restoring natural teeth or replacing missing teeth with fixed prostheses such as implants, crowns, veneers, or bridges, as well as removable dentures. I also enjoy dental surgery, periodontics, endodontics, orthodontics, and cosmetic dentistry. Our profession never ceases to evolve with all the great progress in our domain. Today, dentistry offers more hope to patients than it did in the days of routinely extracting teeth and delivering dentures. I do my best to help patients keep their teeth, and to give them back their beautiful smile that they may have lost.
My adorable family supports me in my path. I’ve tried to pass on my enthusiasm for the dental profession to my two twins girls so that they may choose a vocation as fascinating as mine… and it seems that I’ve succeeded! My two girls now work in the noble profession that is dentistry.
Dr Igor Birca
- DOCTORAT EN MÉDECINE DENTAIRE (D.M.D.) Université Laval, Québec, 2009
- DOCTORAT EN MÉDECINE DENTAIRE (D.M.D.) Université d’État de médecine et pharmacie ‘’N. Testemitanu’’, Moldova, 1989
- DIPLÔME DE TECHNICIEN DENTAIRE Collège médical de Balti, Moldova, 1981
- DIPLÔME EN RÉSIDENCE MULTIDISCIPLINAIRE EN MÉDECINE DENTAIRE, Chisinau, Moldova, 1990
- CERTIFICAT D’ATTESTATION EN RÉHABILITATION PROSTHODONTIQUE, Chisinau, 1994
- FORMATION EN RESTAURATIONS IMPLANTOPORTÉES, DR. IHDE DENTAL, GERMANY/SWITZERLAND, 1995
- CERTIFICAT D’ATTESTATION EN ENDODONTIE, Chisinau, 1999
- CERTIFICAT DU COURS ALLIANCE ESTHÉTIQUE, Nobel Biocare Canada, Montréal, 2011
- CERTIFICAT DU PROGRAMME GREFFES DE TISSUS MOUS ALLOGÈNES, Institut dentaire International, Québec, 2013
- CERTIFICAT D’ATTESTATION DE COURS EN ENDODONTIE « Creating Endodontic Excellence » par le Dr Clifford J.RUDDLE, CALIFORNIA, USA, 2013
- CERTIFICAT DU PROGRAMME D’ORTHODONTIE ET ORTHOPÉDIE DENTOFACIALE, Institut dentaire international, Québec, 2013
- ATTESTATION DE COURS : CLINIQUE DE PARODONTIE ET D’IMPLANTOLOGIE, Montréal, 2013
- ACCEPT PROGRAM – INTRODUCTION TO CAD/CAM, PAR DR. MARK FLEMING ET DR.SAMEER PURI, THE SCOTTSDALE CENTER FOR DENTISTRY, ARIZONA, USA 2014
- CERTIFICAT DU PROGRAMME D’IMPLANTOLOGIE, Institut dentaire international, Québec, 2014
- MANAGING POST EXTRACTION SOCKETS IN AESTHETIC AREA, PAR DR PEDRO PENA, Espagne, 2014
- ORTHODONTIE : BIOMÉCANIQUE AVEC DR. DEREK MAHONY, MELBORNE, AUSTRALIE, CONGRÈS IAO, BOUCHERVILLE, QC, 2014
- IPS E.MAX CAD IMPLANT SOLUTIONS AND BRIDGE RESTORATIONS WORKSHOP, PAR GARY OSBORN, IVOCLAR VIVADENT, MISSISSAUGA, ON, 2014
- ORTHODONTIE : TOUT SUR LES CLASSES DEUX, PAR DR. WILLIAM CLARK – ÉCOSSE, DR. TERRY DISCHINGER, ÉTATS UNIS, CONGRÈS IAO, BOUCHERVILLE, QC, 2015
- ADVANCED & EFFECTIVE SURGICAL INTERVENTIONS IN IMPLANT DENTISTRY, par DR. JOHN S. CAVALLARO (COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, NEW YORK CITY, USA), 2015
- IMPLANT SITE DEVELOPMENT – HARD TISSUE GRAFTING, par DR. AVI SCHETRITT (FORT LAUDERDALE FL.USA), 2016
- RÉHABILITATION IMPLANTO-PORTÉE : PROSTHODONTIE IMPLANTO-PORTÉE DES UNITAIRES ET DE L’ÉDENTATION PARTIELLE, PAR DR LAURENT FRANCO ET DRE MIREILLE FAUCHER, MONTRÉAL 2016
- PROSTHODONTIE IMPLANTO-PORTÉE DES CAS AVANCÉS, PAR DR M.LAM, ÉRIC DUFRESNE, DR M.PAQUETTE, MONTRÉAL 2017
- TEETH IN A DAY (TIAD) ADVANCED COURSE FOR 2016-2017 par DR. MARK H.E. LIN (UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, ON) 2017
- Attestation tomographie volumique à faisceau conique (TVFC) IDI, Québec, 2017
- FELLOW OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS OF ORAL IMPLANTOLOGISTS, WORLD CONGRESS ICOI, 2018 LAS VEGAS
- Certificat CAD-CAM SUBPERIOSTEAL IMPLANT, Institut canadien d’implantologie Yvan Poitras, 2018
- Dr. Nicolas Elian: What is Really Matters Today; WORLD CONGRESS OF THE ICOI, NEW YORK, 2019
- Sinus Grafting 30 years: Myths and Realities; DR. MICHAEL PIKOS, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Trinity, Florida; XXXVII WORLD CONGRESS ICOI, 2019 NEW YORK
- Extension of Healthy Life with Implant Treatment; Prof. SENICHI SUZUKI, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, Tokio, Japon, XXXVII WORLD CONGRESS ICOI, 2019 NEW YORK
Dr Igor Birca
With more than 30 years of experience in the dental profession, Dr Igor Birca has earned two doctorates of Dentistry – one from the prestigious State University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Moldova (1989), and another from the equally well-reputed Université Laval (2009).
He also has multiple diplomas, including: a general practice residency (GPR), which was completed in 1990 in Moldova at the Nicolae Testemitanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacy, a certificate in prosthodontic rehabilitation from the same university in Moldova in 1994, a certificate in endodontics in 1999, as well as a dental technician diploma from the Medical College of Balti (1981).
In 1995, he completed Dr Ihde Dental’s specialized course on implant-supported restorations in Germany, and he pursues continuing education (CE) on this subject every year in order to further master this aspect of dentistry. He’s been taking various other CE courses since graduating from the Université Laval in 2009. These include, but are not limited to: courses at the IDI (Institut Dentaire International) in orthodontics and implantology, as well as advanced endodontics courses with Dr. Clifford J. Ruddle. He’s also taken specialized courses on CEREC, periodontic courses on gingival grafts and allogenic grafts, and a complete course on dental implants – he is fascinated by implant surgery and implant-supported restorations. Additionally, he regularly reviews methods practised by different dental specialists such as Dr Mark Lin, Dr Avi Schetritt, Dr John S.Cavallaro, as well as Dr Joseph Choukroun’s method of adding PRF to his bone grafts.
Dr Birca vows a sincere commitment to his patients and to his practice through his passion for the profession. He is very easily approachable, has a great sense of humour and listens attentively to his patients before proposing them the treatment that is right for them.
- Member of the Ordre des Dentistes du Québec
- Member of the Association des Chirurgiens Dentistes du Québec
- Member of the Société Dentaire de Laval
- Member of the IAO (INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ORTHODONTICS)
- Member of the ICOI Fellowship ( The International Congress of Oral Implantologists)